Re: Standardizing the layout of git packaging repositories

Hi Guido,

On  Di 26 Aug 2014 12:14:58 CEST, Guido Günther wrote:

That said it'd be nice to know why it's more convenient to not have
the upstream sources in git since I think one misses out on many of
the advantages of git based packaging (like rebasing patches to new
upstream versions).

The convenience judgement is probably quite a personal thing. I use both workflows (gbp and debian/-only), but esp. for backporting I came to prefering only having the debian/ folders in my Gits.

For rebasing debian/patches/*.patch against new upstream releases, I simply copy my tarball into the packaging Git, rebase the patches, remove upstream sources again and commit the patches.

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM