Re: bits from the DPL -- mid-April to mid-August 2014

Hi,

On 25/08/14 at 14:46 -0700, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Steve Langasek wrote:
>
> > Does this list of expenses mean that you now have a good overview of
> > Debian's cash flow?  In April, I understood that this was a major
> > outstanding problem.  I'm happy to see that we are spending Debian money on
> > useful sprints and events; I would be happier to have oversight of the
> > overall Debian balance sheet.
>
> One of the Debian auditors was at the ledger BoF, we briefly discussed
> Debian's accounting situation. The biggest problem appears to be lack
> of ability to get detailed data out of the various TOs.

I've been working on that recently, and I'll present results during
Thursday's "bits from the DPL" talk. I don't have a good understanding
of Debian's detailed financial flows due to the lack of detailed data,
esp from SPI, as pointed by Paul. But at least I am now fully confident
that the 10,000 feet view looks fine, and that we can afford spending a
bit more if useful & needed. Details on Thursday.

Lucas