Does "recovery mode" imply read-only filesystem ?

Hi.

I had the impression that the "recovery mode" default grub entry was
meant for booting with read-only, but can't manage to spot
documentation.

I've just noticed on a Jessie install (VM made with bootstrap-vz... so
YMMV) that it wasn't the case (investigating a problem with remounting /
in ro - See #758882: "isc-dhcp-client: dhclient prevents
remounting / in read-only when jessie booted in recovery mode").

I'm not sure whether something has changed (systemd related ?) or
whether my assumption is false.

Any documentation reference (or suggestion of where to reportbug) ?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER