Re: 2 months and no upload for pkg

Charles Plessy writes ("Re: 2 months and no upload for pkg"):
> there is one thing that we can do: increase the quality of the
> packages that we submit to the NEW queue.  Acording to one member of
> the FTP Master team, up to 80 % of the packages have a problem [0].
> Indeed, when I and others have checked packages in the queue, it was
> not too hard to find imprecisions or omissions in the
> debian/copyright file.

I think we need a reputation system here.

Eg, you could sort the NEW queue by something like

   number of REJECTs of uploader's packages in last 12 months
   number of ACCEPT or REJECTs from uploader in last 12 months + 1

If you did that, someone who submitted several bad packages to NEW
would have to get another DD or DM to sponsor their NEW uploads.  That
might well deal with the quality problem quite quickly...

Ian.