Re: Standardizing the layout of git packaging repositories

On Aug 16, 2014, at 01:15 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

>As in, always use pristine-tar? No! The point of using git packaging is
>also to be able to use upstream git repo.

What about cases where upstream doesn't use git but you still want to use git
for your packaging branch?

Also, it makes me somewhat uncomfortable to assume that a git tag in the
upstream repo will always be equivalent to their released tarball.  In fact,
it's often not, as is the case with Python packages containing a MANIFEST.in.

-Barry