debian-subdir-only packaging repos (was Re: Standardizing the layout of git packaging repositories)

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014, Neil Williams wrote:

> > The vast majority (all?) of git packaging repositories have the
> > upstream sources.
>
> No. None of mine do, or will.

I’m working with some which also don’t, and find it would be easier
if there were a way to extract a .orig.tar.gz in the same way that
dpkg-source does, even when no .dsc exists. (By this I mean the magic
to ensure a properly named top-level directory, renaming the one from
the tarball, or even moving its content into a newly created one.)

Currently I have to paxtar xaf %f and then F6 (rename) the directory
(in mc) most of the time…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
15:41⎜<Lo-lan-do:#fusionforge> Somebody write a testsuite for helloworld :-)