Re: systemd service and /etc/default/

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 4:20 AM, Marc Haber
<mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 12:17:21 +0200, Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>
> wrote:
>>I also happen to notice, that you use a ENABLED=1 flag.
>>It would be a good idea to deprecate that as well and remove that.
>>
>>We have better mechanisms nowadays to enable/disable SysV init scripts
>>(and systemd service files).
>
> In my packages, I have usually not bothered with an ENABLED flag in
> /etc/default for a number of years, but I have not removed any ENABLED
> flags to keep backwards compatibility.

Yes, adding the ENABLED was a bad idea.
I was debating whether to drop it and a notice in the NEWS.Debian, or
try to transition to the new mechanisms.
However, give that the package entered Debian for the first time one
month ago, I am planning on the first option.

Thanks,
Ludovico