Bug#758135: ITP: python-pymemcache -- comprehensive, fast, pure Python memcached client
Owner: Thomas Goirand <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : python-pymemcache
Version : 1.2.4
Upstream Author : Charles Gordon <email@example.com>
* URL : https://github.com/pinterest/pymemcache
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: Python
Description : comprehensive, fast, pure Python memcached client
Pymemcache is a comprehensive, fast, pure-Python memcached client. It supports
the following features:
* Complete implementation of the memcached text protocol.
* Configurable timeouts for socket connect and send/recv calls.
* Access to the "noreply" flag, which can significantly increase the speed
* Flexible, simple approach to serialization and deserialization.
* The (optional) ability to treat network and memcached errors as cache
This is a dependency of python-tooz, which itself is now one of the Python
dependencies for OpenStack. Note that, to the contrary of python-memcache,
this package works with Python 3.