Re: 2 months and no upload for pkg

Le Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 08:57:09AM +0200, Christian PERRIER a écrit :

> There is not much you can do, indeed, except patiently waiting. I had
> to wait for such a long time for a package of mine (openambit) to
> enter the archive, recently. But, given that I can't really offer the
> FTPmaster team what they need the most (help), my only option is....to
> be patient....

Hello Amir and everybody,

there is one thing that we can do: increase the quality of the packages that we
submit to the NEW queue.  Acording to one member of the FTP Master team, up to
80 % of the packages have a problem [0].  Indeed, when I and others have
checked packages in the queue, it was not too hard to find imprecisions or
omissions in the debian/copyright file.

Peer review can help, by making sure that the final controllers (the FTP Master
team) do not waste their time reporting defects that others could have found.

You can find a process for peer review at the URL below.

    https://wiki.debian.org/CopyrightReview

Have a nice day,

[0] [🔎] alpine.DEB.2.02.1408060907090.9546@jupiter.server.alteholz.net">https://lists.debian.org/[🔎] alpine.DEB.2.02.1408060907090.9546@jupiter.server.alteholz.net

--