Re: 2 months and no upload for pkg

Quoting Amir Taaki (genjix@riseup.net):

> However, I think maybe this might have slipped through the cracks and
> has been missed. Any information would be much appreciated.
> The responsible team (Debian Bitcoin Team) seems to be dead judging from
> their mailing list.

Hello,

That seems to be one of the cases where we suffer from the slow
processing of the NEW queue. New packages have to be checked and
approved by the Debian FTPmaster team. They doing a very thourough job
in checking packages (particularly licensing) and, from what I
witnessed during the last months, it takes more manpower than the team
has (considering that the FTPmaster team has several other duties).

There is not much you can do, indeed, except patiently waiting. I had
to wait for such a long time for a package of mine (openambit) to
enter the archive, recently. But, given that I can't really offer the
FTPmaster team what they need the most (help), my only option is....to
be patient....

PS: please notice that in case the package is rejected for some
reason, I noticed that it seems that the FTPmaster team prioritizes
checking reuploaded packages (at least this is what happened with my
recent NEW packages).

We're sometimes desperatly lacking manpower on some key positions in
Debian, I'm afraid.

(and I use this opportunity to thank the ftpmasters for their work and
commitment)