m68k too slow for https? Re: people.debian.org will move from ravel to paradis and become HTTPS only

Hi,

On Sonntag, 13. Juli 2014, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> >Furthermore, we will change the people.debian.org web-service such that
> >only HTTPS connections will be supported (unencrypted requests will be
> >redirected).
> This means that requests from wget (since it switched from OpenSSL to
> GnuTLS) and other utilities from slow architectures (such as m68k or
> avr32) to people.d.o will timeout.

am I getting this right, that there are architectures which are too slow to
use https??? if so: "wow"...

(And, if that's the case, I dont't think we should care about those then...
Debian doesn't run on an 6502 neither ;)

cheers,
	Holger