Re: systemd-fsck?

Am 13.05.2014 21:49, schrieb Cyril Brulebois:
> Thibaut Paumard <thibaut@debian.org> (2014-05-13):
>> Le 13/05/2014 17:36, Russ Allbery a écrit :
>>> Right, which I've been arguing for already in this thread.  I don't think
>>> we should force this on upgrades.  There should be a prompt and an
>>> opportunity to not change init systems.
>>
>> Instead of or in addition to such prompting, I expect this switch will
>> be documented in the Release Notes so that people who really care are
>> aware of the risks and the cases which are known to break.
>
> The sad thing is: almost nobody reads the release notes.

Are you saying this just like that or can you back it up with facts somehow?

As far as I have read in this thread, the only reported problem with
upgrading from sysv to systemd concerns remote virtual machines that
won't boot.

Remote virtual machines are a problem that will mostly concern
sysadmins. Me as a responsible sysadmin am reading the release notes,
because I do not want to have downtimes with my machines and so I want
to know beforehand if there are any known problems that I should be
aware of. And I have trouble imagining that other people that call
themselves sysadmins do not act the same. Or do they?

*t