Re: Dealing with emacs21 (and related) bugs [was: Re: ignoring bugs with no maintainer]

On Thu, 2014-05-15 at 18:48 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
[...]
> For example, one of the oldest open emacs bugs is my own bug #9741
> from May 1997.  It should clearly remain open.
[...]

That is your opinion.  Really, it is up to the maintainer(s) whether
they leave a bug open (or tag it 'wontfix') when it is not clearly RC
and there is no expectation that it will ever be worked on.  I agree
that a non-maintainer should not take that decision, though.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
                                                              - Albert Camus