Re: mirror.debian.net down?

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 10:39:39PM +0100, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> On 14/05/14 22:24, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> > I don't think there are many users of $cc.$arch.mirror.debian.net, [...]
>
> I don't think anyone can really know this currently?

I looked at the logs on ns1.debian.org through ns4.debian.org for the last
week.  Not a single request that wasn't for SOA or RRSIG or DNSKEY, all from
debian machines.

Some may have gone to easydns' name servers, I suppose, but the debian
nameservers were still set as authoritative.

> > but if anyone fancies adding the DNS entries, http.d.n should now be
> > accepting anything with *.mirror.debian.net, and mirror.debian.net itself.
>
> Thanks, Raphael.  Please Luca would you consider adding CNAMEs for the
> deleted *.{$arch}.mirror.debian.net. RRSETs all to http.debian.net.?
>
> (I was wrong in my last mail, it would be *.{$arch} not *.{$country})
>
> If this was done, Raphael could probably check his logs to see how much
> it is really being used nowadays.  And it would continue working.

You may have been the only user.  Let's see if someone else also comments.

--
Luca Filipozzi
http://www.crowdrise.com/SupportDebian