Re: systemd-fsck?

On Mon, 12 May 2014, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> ]] Andrew Shadura

> > This sort of behaviour is precisely why so many people not only
> > dislike systemd, but also it's maintainers.
>
> Are you aware that Joss isn't a systemd maintainer?  (He's one of the
> GNOME maintainers.)

There’s not really a line between them, you know. (But it was
nice to have a published list of those people who maybe could
accidentally be hit by a tactical small-bus…)

> UNIX is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are

I find it absolutely appalling that you, a systemd apologist,
have such an eMail signature, since systemd is violating the
spirit of UNIX and aiming to replace it with FLOS.

On Tue, 13 May 2014, Marc Haber wrote:

> This sort of behavior is precisely why many users are migrating away
> from Debian.

Right – but where to?

Maybe we shouldn’t make “the last version before systemd” an LTS
(it would probably end up being wheezy anyway, which enterprise
users already switched away from, by now, as I’ve given up believing
being able to install jessie from scratch without it), but fork
Debian, take with us as many developers as possible, and leave
the systemd people to be a separate distro.

bye,
//mirabilos, not ashamed
--
“When udev happened I wrote mdev.”