Re: cppcheck, does nobody really care about it?

Hi Gianfranco,

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Gianfranco Costamagna
<costamagnagianfranco@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi debian developers,
>
> cppcheck [1] has been removed from testing [2] because of a sourceless javascript file [3].
[...]
> So, please, can anybody sponsor this package and upload or just reject it from mentors?

I don't see a bug filed against the sponsorship-requests
pseudo-package, nor do I see any recent cppcheck RFS requests on
debian-mentors@l.d.o (where this mail should've been sent to in the
first place, not debian-devel). Please follow the correct sponsorship
procedure as outlined on mentors.debian.net [1]; I can assure you that
there actually are DDs who track debian-mentors and RFS requests (e.g.
yours truly), and you'll get a fairly quick response from me if it
deals with a RC bug.

The diff looks fine for a NMU, so I'll go ahead and upload this. Thanks!

> I really would like to comaintain this package, but this is out of the scope of this mail.

Again, debian-devel is not the right place for this. You'll want to
contact the current maintainer, or if he/she's unresponsive, then
contact the MIA team [2] instead.

Regards,
Vincent

[1] http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers