Re: systemd-fsck?

On Mon, 12 May 2014, Russ Allbery wrote:
> In this case, maybe we can add some transitional smarts to the same
> package that takes responsibility for upgrade prompting.  What comes to
> mind is scanning /etc/fstab and look for filesystems that aren't set
> noauto or nofail but that aren't mounted and warn the user with debconf
> that behavior may change.

Good idea, agreed upon.

What I want to say: If we switch during an upgrade to systemd and
there is no warning and no asking, and then the system does not boot
anymore, sysadms could get quite angry.

sysv did allow it for many years, so we have to be careful here.

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13