Re: systemd pulled in automatically

Am 12.05.2014 05:09, schrieb Russ Allbery:
> Bas Wijnen <wijnen@debian.org> writes:
>
>> If the order of the dependencies of libpam-systemd is switched, so it
>> becomes systemd-shim | systemd-sysv, the result will be:
>
>> - If systemd is not installed, systemd-shim will be installed and the
>>   original init system will continue functioning.
>> - If systemd is installed, it will satisfy this dependency and systemd-shim
>>   will not be installed.
>
>> Sounds like exactly what I would expect when upgrading random other
>> packages such as Network Manager.
>
> Will systemd-shim work once logind is upgraded to 208?  My understanding
> is that 208 will be going into unstable soon.  We certainly want to have
> 208 (and, actually, something later than that) for jessie.

It won't, at least not with the current version of systemd-shim.
systemd-shim as currently available, doesn't provide the necessary
functionality to make systemd-logind v205+ work standalone .
I added a small section regarding this issue to the systemd / GNOME
sprint summery [0] posted by Jordi and I also followed up on that on
debian-devel [1].

Does that answer your question, Russ?

Michael
[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2014/05/msg00001.html