Re: howto handle jquery embedding by build-depends

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 11:45:24AM +0200, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> This is a bug in doxygen. Replacing the embedded jquery copy
> in the Debian package shipping it with a link to the jquery
> version in Debian should be the right thing to do. Maybe this

Your criticism is unconstructive. I agree that this is wrong, but
sometimes wrong is the right thing to do. This is even acknowledged by
our policy which discourages embedded copies rather than forbidding
them.

I am not opposed to fixing this embedding, but I will not be doing the
work. I tried and figured that it is not worth the effort.  Apparently,
you didn't even read the reasons I gave for not fixing it. Otherwise you
might have given actual arguments.

> entire technology behind doxygen needs gentle kicking, like
> people such as Torsten Werner did to Java??? stuff, to get it to
> conform to our expectations.

Please stop useless ranting already.

For changing the status quo, your options are:
 * Explain what parts of the reasoning in Doxygen's README.jquery you
   consider wrong and why.
 * Provide patches that do not break existing use cases.
 * Maintain new packages that contain the Javascript libraries used by
   Doxygen.
 * Make Arch:all autobuilding work.

Helmut