Re: systemd-fsck?

Le lundi 12 mai 2014 à 13:26 +0200, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :
> What *is* a “desktop seat manager”? I’d not want it on servers
> (and some coworkers are even running N-M on some of them…), and
> Linux desktops (and nōn-Linux ones) have not needed those until
> now either. So, I (still) question this change.

We have had a desktop seat manager since, if my memory serves right, the
lenny release: ConsoleKit. Lenny was the first release with proper
(non-hackish) graphical user switching. Not a coincidence.

> There is no need for systemd-shim on the vast majority of
> Debian systems *either*.

Good luck making any package relying on a PolicyKit-wrapped interface to
work on your “majority of systems”, then.

--
 .''`.        Josselin Mouette
: :' :