Re: Alioth tracker

Le Sun, May 11, 2014 at 03:58:50PM +0200, Daniel Pocock a écrit :

> Other people have had problems with alioth too:
>
> - write permissions on VCS directory for new projects
>
> - mailing list creation requests waiting for admin approval

Thanks Daniel for raising the issue.

For mailing lists, I read in the thread that it may not be a problem anyway,
but I just wanted to add one thing: in many cases the lists to be created are a
maintainer list and a commit list, and this could be replaced completely by the
“new PTS” (see http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep2/ and http://pts.debian.net/).
People who have time to give but do not have the right skill set to work on
Alioth or Mailman may consider helping the new PTS instead.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan