Re: ignoring bugs with no maintainer (Re: Removal of emacs23 from unstable/testing)

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 06:56:24PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I believe all those bugs should be either reassigned to emacs23 (and soon 24)
> or just be closed with an informal message, also offering to reopen and
> reassign to emacs23/24 if applicable. [...]

Closing them would be a disservice to our users. A bug in emacs does
not stop being a bug in emacs just because the Debian package changed
its name, or because the bug is old, or because the maintainer didn't
have time to check whether it applies to the new version or not. If
this is the case, fine, ask for help.

If I remember well, bugs in pine that were still bugs in alpine were
reassigned to alpine as being its "sucessor" (the alpine project originated
from pine source, after all). In this case it is the GNU emacs
package, so the new packages are clearly the sucessor of the old ones.

So, the natural thing to do would be to reassign them.

Thanks.