Re: systemd-fsck?

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:
>> Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> (2014-05-09):
>
>>> I'm not opposed to adding such a debconf prompt, but if we add that
>>> debconf prompt to systemd-sysv, we will get this even on new
>>> installations. I don't think we want that.
>>> Or do you see a way how we can add the debconf prompt without triggering
>>> it on new installations?
>
>> At first glance, it wouldn't seem too crazy to me to add the needed
>> bit(s) in d-i so that the prompt is skipped on new installations.
>
> Yeah, that's my thought.  d-i could preseed the answer to the prompt for
> new installations.

Would it not be better to have the package's config script check for the
existence of evidence of a previous installation of sysvinit?

i.e. does /etc/default/rcS exist on a clean jessie install?

If not, then the config script could check for that file, and only
present the warning/question about a change of init system if the file
exists (which would not be the case for a new install).

Cheers, Phil.
|-|  HANDS.COM Ltd.                    http://ftp.uk.debian.org/