Re: A question about patches for upstream

Hi Matthias,

your answer exemplifies very well what I mean with “pressed by the machine”…

I will reply on one point only.

Le Wed, May 07, 2014 at 01:46:32AM +0200, Matthias Klose a écrit :
> Am 06.05.2014 03:05, schrieb Charles Plessy:
> >
> > When the first mass rebuilds with GCC and porting issues came to Debian, I was
> > very impressed.  Years later it became a routine and I sometimes feel that I am
> > pressed by a machine.  There is not much apparent coordination with the other
> > distributions (not our derivatives) that also conduce such large screens.
>
> This is wrong. And I would like you to better research such claims before
> posting these as facts.

Please trust me that I do not intend to be derogatory, demotivating or
libelous.  In what I wrote, I made sure that the word “apparent“ is there, to
show that I am not implying that there is no coordination, nor even not enough
coordination.

This said, please consider if there would be a benefit that people in my
situation can see better the coordination that is already taking place.  I
would argue that by definition, something that nedds “better research” is not
as apparent as it could be.  I have not seen much reference to similar efforts
in other distributions in the emails sent on this list to announce mass
rebuilds.  If you were considering about being more verbose and write a bit
more about what is happening behind the curtain, I am sure that it would be
appreciated (at least by me).

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy