Re: Ghostscript licensing changed to AGPL

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 11:05:11AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Ghostscript have changed its license from GPL-3+ to AGPL-3+ since
> version 9.07.

I guess given that GPL-3+ would've been a problem in itself already and
given that GPL-3 and AGPL-3 are compatible, that there can't be that
many problems left.

> Seems that these projects may link against Ghostscript, and therefore
> (possibly) effectively becomes AGPL-3+ with this change:
>
>   * gimp
>   * texlive-bin (texlive-binaries)
>   * libspectre (libspectre1)
>     * cantor
>     * evas-loaders (libevas-loaders)
>       * efl (libevas1, libecore-evas1, libecore-imf1, libecore-input1,
>         libedje-bin, libedje1, libemotion1, libethumb-client1,
>         libethumb1, libevas1-engine-fb, libevas1-engines-core,
>         libevas1-engines-x)
>         * e17
>         * exactimage (edisplay)
>         * enna
>         * intone
>         * edbus (libedbus1)
>           * elementary (libelementary1, libelementary-bin)
>             * python-edbus
>           * libphone-ui-shr
>             * phoneuid
>     * evince (libevdocument3-4, evince, gir1.2-evince-3.0, libevview3-3,
>       evince-gtk)
>       * denemo
>       * gnome-documents
>       * gnome-sushi
>       * sugar-browse-activity
>       * okular
>       * qpdfview-ps-plugin
>       * zathura-ps
>   * gle-graphics

Does that mean that people calling one of these from a script or a web
service (e.g. invoices using texlive-bin) will need to adhere to the
AGPL as well?

Kind regards
Philipp Kern