Should update-mime warn when mailcap.order contains non-matching lines ?

Hello everybody,

I am preparing the next update of mime-support, and I am going through old
issues, considering if and how to solve them.

In http://bugs.debian.org/314952 it has been proposed to print a warning when
update-mime is run and a line in /etc/mailcap.order refers to a package that
does not provide a mailcap file in /usr/lib/mime/packages.

This would be easy to implement, but I wonder if there are people who are using
a generic /etc/mailcap.order file that contains entries for packages that are
not installed on their systems.  There, update-mime would print a warning each
time it is run, and this happens each time files change in /usr/lib/mime/packages
and /usr/share/applications…

Any recommendation ?  In the absence of answer, I think that I will implement
the warnings.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy