Re: A question about patches for upstream

Russ Allbery dixit:

>Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Does the Debian guidelines give any hints on who is responsible to
>> report a patch upstream? Is it the bug submitters or the Debian package
>> maintainers responsibility (in addition to eventually apply them to the
>> packages)?
>
>I don't think we have a clear guideline on it.

Actually, we do. DevRef §3.1.4, first paragraph.

>The ideal, as far as I'm concerned, is for the Debian package maintainer
>to forward bugs upstream.  This has multiple advantages: the package

This is not the ideal, this is what DevRef requires the package
maintainer to do.

This does not, of course, prevent people like the Mesa maintainers
from refusing to do it. I’ve got no idea how to enforce DevRef on
them, though.

bye,
//mirabilos, somewhat disgruntled
--
15:39⎜«mika:#grml» mira|AO: "mit XFree86® wär’ das nicht passiert" - muhaha
15:48⎜<thkoehler:#grml> also warum machen die xorg Jungs eigentlich alles