Re: goals for hardening Debian: ideas and help wanted

On Fri, 02 May 2014 10:55:15 +0200
Aaron Zauner wrote:

> Bashing on Tor does not help here.

The page suggests all devs use Tor to avoid being targetted.

I am saying, does it accomplish that and is is best practice. Should
they be hackable even if they are targetted or stumbled upon. I find
that highly questionable and I am suggesting other simpler policies
will be far more effective. Hiding is fine but not at the cost of
complexity where security (confidentiality/protection/unexploitability)
is paramount.

I also mentioned ssh which I believe all the devs are using already. I
am not going to say which VPN/SSH is best for the devs, I wouldn't
know. I expect they would not choose commerical proprietary
insecure CISCO you compare to TOR though in any case.