Re: virtual/alternative B-D (was Re: libtiff5 transition)

Simon McVittie wrote:

>As far as I can see, changing from (libtiffN-dev Provides libtiff-dev,
>libtiff(N+1)-dev does not) to the other way round has an inherent race

Hm indeed. Makes me wonder whether it would not be better to make
libtiff-dev the real package and abandon libtiffN-dev altogether.
(Never understood why the -dev packages need the numbers, anyway.)

On the other hand, that would mean that the transition starts as
soon as the source package building libtiff(N+1) brings with it
its own version of libtiff-devâ?¦ needs more careful uploads.

bye,
//mirabilos