Re: overriding udev rules

Hi Lennart,

Am 09.09.2013 20:50, schrieb Lennart Poettering:
> It's now a Debianism to stick to the persistant names, all support for
> it has been removed upstream. From upstream we hope DEbian eventually
> drops support for the old persistant names too.

We (Debian pkg-systemd team) decided to keep the old persistent naming
scheme "as default" for now, for the simple reason, that we didn't want
to break upgrades. It just didn't seem possible to detect every case
where the old ethX names were used and losing network connection as part
of the upgrade is a big no-go.
As documented in the debian changelog, you can opt-in to use the new
naming scheme, but this requires explicit configuration from the
administrator.
We might make the new network interface naming the default for new
installations, but this isn't something we haven't been working on yet.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?