several SIGSEGV bugs in debian 7/AMD64

concerning: older AMD64 computers + 3.x kernel,
            X11 + native NVidia drivers + FVWM or WMII,
            and some other SIGSEGV'ing apps

Good morning,

the following case made me put debian 7.3 aside and keep using debian 6.0.7:

I am using an older AMD64 AthlonXP Core 2 3800+, accompanied by 8GB DDR2 RAM, on an Asus M2NPV-VM mainboard, which features a nForce4 430 chipset with integrated NV6150 GPU, and use an additional PCIe NV9500GS GPU.
The problems are as follows:

–– I have disabled PowerNow in the mainboard's BIOS, and the 3.2 kernel complains about missing ACPI ("try with newer BIOS"). The kernel doesn't even recognize the power-off button. In debian 6, ACPI works absolutely perfectly.

–– In addition, debian 7's 3.2 kernel seems to provoke diverse SIGSEGVs, like the following:

When I use the Novula kernel module, things are extremely slow, even in 2D mode; when I use the native NVidia modules (driver packages 304 or 295 which support both GPUS, or the recent 331, which only supports the 9500), KDM, FVWM, WMII and a good host of other programs just SIGSEGV or put the CPU in an endless loop and blank the screen by using illegal video modes.

Note: this does *not* happen in the i386 port of debian 7, which runs smoothly on my Acer AspireOne netbook with native Intel GPU drivers… Since there seems to be no 2.6 kernel available anymore, I'll stick with debian 6.0.7 for now (by the way, the 6.0.7 security update and the 6.0.8 have similar issues…). Please look into this issues and let me know if you can fix it somehow.

Thanks & regards,
rekuli