Re: Propose Release Goals (delayed ;) - xz compression

SEE 271072@bugs.debian.org

Maybe insted of reading the file in memory concatenating then mmaping the resulting file will help in case of low memory

Bastien

Le 17 oct. 2013 13:43, "Jonathan Dowland" <jmtd@debian.org> a écrit :
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:31:23AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> So, this means that, yes, you need a total of at least 128 MiB RAM+swap,
> if not more, to use apt/dpkg in sid (and recent releases were not much
> smaller).

Managed with ~100M with squeeze (in VMs) — I remember because I recall
yum failing on the same size.