Re: Longer maintainance for (former) stable releases of Debian (Re: Dreamhost dumps Debian)

Ian Jackson writes ("Re: Longer maintainance for (former) stable releases of Debian (Re: Dreamhost dumps Debian)"):
> Bastien ROUCARIES writes ("Re: Longer maintainance for (former) stable releases of Debian (Re: Dreamhost dumps Debian)"):
> > Why not un this case creating an empty package depending of an non existing
> > package ?
>
> Because we should leave the user the choice to keep using the
> unsupported software, rather than ripping it out from under them.

Oh, wait, I don't think I read your proposal correctly.  I'm not sure
exactly what effect this would have but, presumably, mostly a
complaint from the package manager ?

Ian.