Re: default MTA

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:15:03PM +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> The issue that worries me most about these desktop notification plans is
> the possibility that some package may decide to unnecessarily drop
> support for non-desktop systems, adding dependencies on the desktop
> notification system. I believe we already have had a few examples of
> such unnecessary dependencies on services which are "nice to have", like
> GNOME depending on NetworkManager for example.

I'm having a hard time understanding this particular gripe.  If you're
running a non-desktop system (by this I take it to mean that you're not
using a GUI), why would you worry about GNOME's dependencies anyhow?

If you're using a desktop system it doesn't feel like a stretch to use
functionality that fits in with the desktop system.  And vice versa,
obviously.

Regards: David
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //