Re: default MTA

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 16:42:15 -0400, Chris Knadle
<Chris.Knadle@coredump.us> wrote:
>So right now I think that I probably just didn't know that this had been
>fixed, because I haven't been using the "split file" configuration for along
>time.  I clearly remember having _upgrade_ problems in 2003 with Exim on
>Debian Testing, but I might be confusing the root cause of those problems at
>that time; there are occasional required configuration changes, and that's
>another possible cause.

In 2003 the exim4 packages were in a kind of steady flux, everything
was new back than. The old exim 3 packages worked totally different. I
fully understand that exim4 2003 might have had serious and bad bugs,
but I think that most of them have been ironed out by now.

That doesn't mean that I am not going to break exim during the jessie
release cycle, but Andreas is there to fix it ;-)

Greetings
Marc