Re: Survey answers part 1: systemd has too many dependencies, …

Hi Ondřej,

Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org> writes:
> I still think you should also update the table with information if the
> library is actually used in PID 1 (or in forked process) as hmh suggested:
>
>> It would be best to enhance
>> http://people.debian.org/~stapelberg/docs/systemd-dependencies.html with
>> information about what runs on PID 1, and what runs after fork() and how
>> critical it is.
I don’t understand what you mean by this.

The table — as published — already differentiates between PID 1 (section
2 of the document) and all other binaries (section 3 of the
document). Anything not listed in section 2 is not required in PID 1.

--
Best regards,
Michael