Re: Current and upcoming toolchain changes for jessie

Am 08.05.2013 00:55, schrieb Matthias Klose:
> Am 07.05.2013 17:46, schrieb Julian Taylor:
>> On 05/07/2013 03:25 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
>>>
>>> == binutils ==
>>>
>>> binutils 2.23.2 will be uploaded to unstable after GCC 4.8 as the
>>> default on x86 reaches testing.  Later updates will introduce binutils
>>> trunk leading to 2.24, later this year.
>>>

>> fyi, this change will introduce a couple new FTBFS as --no-copy-dt-needed now
>> also works with multiarched libraries [0,1].
>> Bugs are tracked at:
>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=no-add-needed;users=peter.fritzsche@gmx.de
>
> right, there are probably more. Daniel Chen and others did fix around 100 more
> short before the Ubuntu 13.04 release, so it would be good to do the next for
> unstable including binutils from experimental. Asking Lucas in a separate mail
> about that, and will file bug reports after the next test rebuild.

binutils is now updated in unstable before making 4.8 the default.  Some
architectures need the newer binutils for GCC 4.8.  The test rebuild didn't
happen yet, so we'll see some new build failures with the next regular rebuild
of the archive.

  Matthias