Re: security policy / root passwords

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:22:32AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> [...]
> I've also seen another laptop that is on the fringe of a wifi coverage
> zone getting into a bad state where multiple copies of the wifi password
> window appear - if the laptop is unattended for a few hours, you can
> come back to it and find 1,000s of those popups and it is unusable.

Oh I've noticed that too. When that happens I just kill nm-applet. I really wish
NetworkManager would keep track of how many password prompt windows it opens.
Most of the time I come back to several of those popups and notice that the
network has re-established itself already -- the popups were irrelevant.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin