Re: Survey answers part 1: systemd has too many dependencies, …

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> wrote:
 ❦  9 juin 2013 11:45 CEST, Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> :

> You do of course not have to agree.  This is my personal opinion only.
> But I believe it is useful to read Jamie Zawinski's view on screensavers
> and toolkit library dependencies, and try to figure out how that can be
> relevant to systemd and external dependencies:
> http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/toolkits.html

systemd does not rely on a toolkit. So, most of the arguments listed by
Jamie do not hold. I suppose that you are mostly worried by libdbus
since other libraries are already used in other critical
daemons.

Personally I would be more worried about libpam and it's ability to load random pam modules into a memory, and we have a plenty of them.

$ apt-cache search "^libpam-" | wc -l
61

Do you have idea how would a buggy PAM module affect PID 1?

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>