Re: default MTA

On Ma, 28 mai 13, 03:02:22, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> Now that we are done with systemd for the time being, can we have the
> flame war about replacing Exim with Postfix as the default MTA?
>
> Are there any objections other than "but I like it this way!"?

I just moved the DefaultMTA page to Debate/DefaultMTA and did some small
additions/changes.

If there are no objections within a few days I would like to make some
major changes to that page as follows:

* the only options left under debate are:
  - exim (status quo)
  - postfix
  - dma
  - no MTA at all
  - (did I miss or forget something?)
* popularity is irrelevant (the default MTA will always be much more
  popular) the entire section will be removed
* advanced use cases are irrelevant, since the admin of such a
  system will install what she needs anyway, regardless of the default

Kind regards,
Andrei