Re: Debian/Wheezy general rant Was: mount point gets "(deleted)" / unable to unmount

On Jo, 06 iun 13, 13:58:24, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> Feel free to contribute it. I would welcome it. I too, feel like its a
> shame that there's no dialog to choose which desktop you want (even if
> we have specialized CDs, I prefer the netinst ones, and there, such a
> dialog would be a very good thing).

You are of course aware of the boot menu: Advanced Options ->
Alternative Desktop Environment.

Other ways to implement it without yet another thing to choose from:
drop most tasks from d-i (like print server, mail server, ssh server,
etc.) and list the various desktop environments instead. Of course, then
there is the decision of which one gets selected by default...

Kind regards,
Andrei