Re: "Blacklists" in BTS (stopping the trolls and bug machines)

Le 4 juin 2013 18:04, "Ondřej Surý" <ondrej@sury.org> a écrit :

>> > I have no big problem pointing fingers on d-d.
>> >
>> > Example 1: Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org>
>> >
>> > This: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=707759
>> > Or this: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=709568
>>
>> I think that is a bad example. The reported error does appear when
>> unpakcing php5-common even if it is not caused by the package directly
>> but by something (ucf) it uses. It is often not clear for users if the
>> bug is caused by passing the wrong arguments or by a bug in the tool
>> being used or that a tool from another package is used at all. As
>> maintainer you tend to have a better understanding and can more esily spot the right package to blame.
>

> Nope, these are perfect examples of bugreports which suck the joy out of the packaging.
>
>> I don't think you handled that bug correctly. It was a valid bug and
>> you just closed it without fix. A simple "bts reassign 709568 ucf"
>> would have sufficed.
>

> Why would I when he was able to fill the same error in grub-pc (#709567) and it was already reassigned to ucf at that time. To make ucf maintainer to also hate his life as DD?

Please be not offencive but im my jidani report was useful twice. I found a quoted message on Google on the bug list archive.

I agree that for a packager (I package imagemagick); a bug about incorrect punctuation sign in man page is worthless but it is a bug and I could be prioritized. And it your job as packager.

>> > Or this duplicate bug:
>> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=707131
>>
>> Wrong bug number? Did you mean #707237, which was filed a day after
>> 707131?
>

> Yes, I did. The duplicate bug is linked there as merged.
>
> And again – here we have a nice new and shiny *grave* bug:
>
> with nothing else than four lines of (mainly useless) console output. The BTS is not an user support forum for clueless users.

Not worthless is another user it this bug. Please improve the package.bug file in order to give some guidance to your user. How to write good bug report. Jidani in this case is a nice guy and follow the step.