Re: systemd .service file conversion

Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 12:42:33 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
> <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> >What's the point in doing that work
> >when, in the end, hardly anyone is using it?
>
> Freedom. It is not free to take away freedom just because too few
> people have chosen to exercise freedom.

Why would kFreeBSD particularly matter for freedom? As opposed to any
other random piece of software?

Debian regularly removes old buggy packages that few people use. Are you
saying that is wrong, and for the sake of freedom people should be given
the ability to keep installing them even if few actually want to? If
not, what makes kFreeBSD special so that it is more about "real
freedom"?

Do you claim that the existence of kFreeBSD is likely to somehow make
the world a better place for someone in the long run? I myself believe
that working on software that actually gets used is beneficial on
average, while I think the world would be a better place if kFreeBSD had
never been started at all - the negative effects on other Debian
development outweight any benefits.

Or is it about some ideal notion of "freedom" you have? I don't think
anything in common free software philosophy at least would imply that
kFreeBSD is important.