Re: Debian systemd survey

Le mercredi 29 mai 2013 à 21:43 +0200, Marc Haber a écrit :
> That is one of my concerns: Once Debian GNU/Linux has systemd as
> default, noone will an longer provide init scripts, let alone tested
> init scripts, which will severely hurt non-Linux kernels in Debian.

While entirely true, I think it demonstrates we are lacking adequate
support for non-Linux kernels, and it should not prevent us from
improving the init system for Linux.

The current init scripts are not tested on non-Linux. The current
*packages* are not tested on non-Linux. Most of the current packages
appear completely dysfunctional once someone actually tries them on
non-Linux – and this almost never happens because these architectures
don’t have real testing/unstable users.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette