Re: systemd .service file conversion

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 09:13:44AM +0200, Ond??ej Surý wrote:
> I would be quite happy to write service files for two (systemd, upstart) or
> three (systemd, upstart, openrc) of those in all my packages[*], if it
> stops the endless flamewar here. I would also be happy to have the
> requirement to support two (or three) of them in the Debian policy.

My major point here was precisely that you are *not* done with just
writing the service/job descriptions/scripts for all those init systems.
You'd likely have to patch every single daemon to enable the socket
activation method for those init systems, that the authors of your
daemon did not like to use.

If on the other hand you omit this patching, then that init system
partially loses one of its selling points. So instead of supporting one
init system properly, we support four init systems poorly.

What you are proposing is no solution.

Helmut