Re: systemd .service file conversion

 ❦ 27 mai 2013 08:38 CEST, Helmut Grohne <helmut@subdivi.de> :

>> At the risk of adding another level of indirection, we could add a
>> meta-init format that can generate an appropriate file for any of these.
>
> Are you aware of http://wiki.debian.org/MetaInit (packages metainit and
> dh-metainit)? That work was started like eight years ago. Unfortunately
> it didn't take off yet. The only package using it is infon.

It's unfortunate that MetaInit predates systemd and upstart by several
years, but it seems better to stick with either upstart and systemd
configuration format as an universal one. This would also allows to
leverage work done by upstream since those job/unit descriptions are not
distribution-dependant.
--
panic("Lucy in the sky....");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc64/kernel/starfire.c