Re: systemd .service file conversion

Le lundi 27 mai 2013 à 09:13 +0200, Ondřej Surý a écrit :
> I would be quite happy to write service files for two (systemd,
> upstart) or three (systemd, upstart, openrc) of those in all my
> packages[*], if it stops the endless flamewar here. I would also be
> happy to have the requirement to support two (or three) of them in the
> Debian policy.

This kind of madness is precisely described here:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2008-January/msg00861.html

By supporting several init systems, each with their own combination of
bugs, each combination of services using the init systems with their own
combination of bugs *depending on the init system*, you are just going
to make it impossible to maintain packages depending on these services.
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :