Re: Debian systemd survey

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:

> Matthias wrote:
> >
> >Please also keep in mind that many upstream projects ship systemd service
> >files. Therefore, most of the systemd work is already done too.
>
> Most? Really? Do you have stats for that?

Given the fact that sysvinit scripts are supported by systemd
out-of-the-box, the basic work is already done. So why would you need any stats?

I run all of my servers with the (ancient, by this time) systemd shipped
with wheezy. There are exactly zero init scripts on my machines which don't
work at all, and only one (collectd) does not properly delegate to systemd
when invoked directly.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs