Re: Debian systemd survey

Hi!

On Wed, 2013-05-22 at 09:15:03 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 05/21/2013 10:53 PM, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> >- Neither systemd nor upstart are likely to be ported to kfreebsd soon,
> >   as they both rely on many Linux-specific features and interfaces.
>
> What about launchd? Wouldn't it be possible to port that to
> Debian/kFreeBSD? It's designed to run in a BSD userland, after all.

launchd relies heavily on Mach and Apple specific interfaces, and while
there was a GSOC to port it to FreeBSD, funnily enough, in the end it
might be easier to port it to GNU/Hurd! :)

Also last I checked the upstream svn repo had not seen any update in a
while, which might mean upstream practices might not be optimal.

Thanks,
Guillem