Re: libtiff borken - cannot build anymore?

Hi,

On Wed, 22 May 2013, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Teχ consists of packages “foo” and “bar”. Norbert says he uploaded both
> but “bar” sits in the NEW queue, which is why the upgraded “foo” will
> not work.
>
> To me, this looks as if “foo” needs a versioned Depends on “bar” *and*
> “bar” possibly needs a versioned Breaks against older “foo”.

And this is the case. On my system, texlive-lang-* were not upgraded
and all of tex has been kept back except libkpathsea6 which Norbert
forgot (and this resulted in the breakage).

But that has been quickly fixed in texlive-bin (2013.20130521.30601-1)
and you're now just showing us that you love to waste everyone's time
by discussing things that you didn't bother to look into just to prove
that you have some theoretical knowledge of how things are supposed to
work.

Please stop posting so often on debian-devel unless you have something
interesting to say and unless you have done your homework about the topic
that you're responding too.

TIA.
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/